[188.8.131.52] - 2022-04-09
- Clayton Smith continues the effort to replace Boost usage with modern C++ equivalents. In a related effort, he has continued the logging modernization started by Marcus Müller. In his spare time, he has tackled some tricky, intermittent CI failures, some of which turned out to be real bugs. Much of this work is invisible to end users, but is extremely useful in making GNU Radio more reliable and maintainable. Special thanks are due to Clayton for a lot of hard work this cycle.
- Use exceptions instead of
exit()in several places.
- Fixed a variety of Python deprecation warnings.
- Packager note:
jsonschemais required for the JSON Config and YAML Config blocks. Those blocks will be disabled if
jsonschemais not found.
- Correct size/usage for single-mapped buffers (part of the new Custom Buffers feature).
- Correct buffer size allocation. This was actually the single change in v184.108.40.206, which did not get its own CHANGELOG entry.
- Improve discovery of xterm and related programs.
- Save generated hierarchical block code to the block library instead of the directory containing the current GRC flowgraph.
- New JSON Config and YAML Config blocks that load configuration variables from files at runtime. Those variables may then be used in block parameters.
- Store the GNU Radio version in flowgraph metadata when saving.
- Minor change in Python evaluation code to allow
maxoutbufto be adjusted via script parameters.
Build system and packaging
- Require C++-17 for
gnuradio-runtimeand code compiled against it (via cmake flags).
pythonschemato build- and run-time dependencies.
- Add exponential distribution to Message Strobe Random block’s
- Quiet down debug messages in File Sink.
- Skip alignment check in File Source when the input file is not seekable (e.g., it is a pipe).
- Fix crash in Rational Resampler logging
- Add generic CRC blocks: CRC Append and CRC Check.
- Improve text/background color on Range widget.
- Digital Number Control emits message with new, instead of previous, value.
- Message Edit Box sends message only when return is pressed, rather than whenever focus is lost.
- Vector Sink allows legend to be disabled.
- Type error fixes (Python 3.10 is stricter about int casting).
- Provide Python bindings for PCCC Encoder and Viterbi Combo.
- Add C++ generation support to gr-vocoder
Code generation tools
- Support strongly-typed enums in Python bindings
The following people contributed commits to this release. There are may people who contribute in other ways … discussions, reviews, bug reporting, testing, etc. We just don’t have an easy way to provide credit for all that valuable work.
- A. Maitland Bottoms email@example.com
- André Apitzsch firstname.lastname@example.org
- AsciiWolf email@example.com
- Bjoern Kerler firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campbell McDiarmid email@example.com
- Clayton Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daniel Estévez email@example.com
- Davide Gerhard firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Sorber email@example.com
- Håkon Vågsether firstname.lastname@example.org
- JaredD email@example.com
- Jeff Long firstname.lastname@example.org
- Josh Morman email@example.com
- luz paz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marcus Müller email@example.com
- Philip Balister firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ron Economos email@example.com
- Ryan Volz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volker Schroer